When it comes to a healthy diet we’re constantly told to watch what we eat, but what about the how? By now we know that the choices we make when we’re at the grocery store doing our weekly food shopping are important; so much so that it can be the difference between a strong immune system and constantly using those sick days at work…when you’re actually sick! It could be the difference between being able to spend your hard earned money on what you want to spend it on while enjoying life, and generously giving it to any one of the large pharmaceutical companies in return for that blood pressure, cholesterol, or antacid medication that you may be on. There’s no denying it, the “what we eat” is very important, but what about the “how”?
You can eat healthy foods and still experience some unhealthy side affects; bloating, gas, constipation, or loose stool. All of these point to one common culprit, digestion. I was once told by my kinesiologist, a man whose knowledge and experience has played a key role in my overall wellness that optimal health starts in the gut. Whether you’re trying to overcome some illness or condition, or simply just trying to maintain a healthy state, your digestive system must be doing its job and doing it right. This of course takes some cooperation from you. You make the decisions of what to eat, but if you’re experiencing any of the common irregularities mentioned above, then it’s time to pay attention to the “how” you eat.
Based on some reading I’ve been doing, how or when you eat certain foods plays a big role in whether or not it’s digested properly. The two books that come to mind are “Healing with Whole Foods” by Paul Pitchford and “Never Be Sick Again” by Raymond Francis, where both authors dedicate a section on the importance of “food combinations”. They both start by classifying foods by which the environment they require within the stomach for proper digestion, acidic or alkaline, as well what foods can (or should) be combined in order to achieve this. They go on to explain how the stomach can accommodate either environment, be it acidic for the proteins or alkaline for the starches, but not at the same time; fruits being the exception since they are meant to travel quickly through the digestive system. Both authors lay down the same foundation “vegetables with proteins ok, vegetables with starches ok, eat fruits alone”, with a few special cases noted, but differ slightly in their approach; Raymond Francis taking a more strict approach. Thankfully Paul Pitchford’s approach lays out some looser guidelines that appear to be more relevant to today’s many menu choices; “one for better digestion and one for ideal digestion”. The rules for “better digestion” states that if proteins are eaten with starches as are the case with most meals “eat the proteins first and keep the ratio of protein to starch to at least 1:2”. This means don’t make the protein portion of your meal the biggest portion, about half that of the starch (ideally whole grains of some sort), and vegetables go well with both so a generous portion should be eaten with every meal. I think it’s safe to say that most nutritionists would probably agree.
So in order to drive the point home let’s take a look at a typical restaurant meal. Based on the information above this means that if that proportionately large piece of protein (chicken/fish/beef) on your plate requires an acidic environment to properly digest, and that generous portion of starch (grains/potatoes) next to it requires an alkaline environment, neither will have the chance to digest fully or properly if eaten together. Thankfully those vegetables, that I hope are taking up much of that plate, can digest well in either environment. Add to that a piece of cake or pie typically eaten immediately following the meal, and you haven’t even given your stomach a fighting chance. Now in today’s world with all the meal options and menu varieties we have come to enjoy, the strict approach is probably not for you. With that said though you can choose to take the key points on how to properly approach a meal, and put it to use within your own diet as you see the need; as I did with mine.
For instance despite my healthy diet I noticed that when I would eat oatmeal, I would experience some bloating and a bit of a lethargic feeling that would last until this meal was digested, and I use the word “digested” loosely. What I didn’t realize at the time is that what I was adding to the plain oatmeal was the culprit. I always liked to jazz it up with some sort of fruit, a peach, a banana, or some berries, and a handful of nuts topped off with some honey. Although it sounds like a healthy meal, the food combinations I had chosen simply were just not working for me. This is of no surprise of course, knowing what I know now.
When examined individually, the generous portion of starch (the oatmeal and sugar from the honey), the sizable helping of fruit, and some protein (the nuts) all appear to be smart meal choices, but when combined and eaten together were nothing short of digestive trouble. Now the small amount of protein, especially considering the food source, was probably not the problem, which leaves only the fruit. It is recommended that fruit be eaten by itself since it is meant to travel through the stomach rather quickly, but when a substantial portion is eaten with other foods the digestion of this fruit is slowed down considerably allowing the fruit time to ferment. This fermentation causes gasses to be released which can lead to bloating, not to mention create an undesirable environment for proper digestion. If the meal is of a sizable portion and digestion is already compromised, a feeling of tiredness or laziness afterwards would be expected.
I have since used what I know about “food combinations” to adjust this meal, to ensure proper digestion and ultimately optimal health. I now eat a handful of nuts and some berries (an “acid fruit” that can be eaten with nuts and seeds) first thing in the morning, go about my morning routine, and then eat the starch portion of my breakfast (usually whole grains of some sort) a good half hour to forty-five minutes later; I’ve yet to experience the bloating or lethargy since making the switch. My body is now getting the benefit of my healthy food choices do to “how” I eat them. I try to remember Paul Pitchford’s rules for “better digestion” with every meal, and apply those for “ideal digestion” when my body is showing signs of poor digestion. So if you don’t want to have to reach for the antacids after the next time you dive into that giant burger with fries, think about these rules. It may be the smartest move you make all day.
Living with allergies can be difficult, some harder than others. Being allergic to both soy and dairy, I know this first hand. So with the hopes of educating others, I have created a very informative blog with a focus on living soy and dairy free, while maintaining a healthy diet. My belief in natural healing and natural cures is the driving force behind my desire to be as healthy as I can be...body and mind.
Eating healthy is not dieting. It's a lifelong commitment, a way of life. There are a lot of people who say diets don't work. Actually, diets do work, over and over and over again. Many of us loose hundreds of pounds in a lifetime on various diets. We loose and we gain, frequently more than we lost. Just like being on a roller coaster, a lot of ups and downs. Maybe now is the time to get serious about your health and how you can improve it by making some lasting changes in your eating behavior.
I know it's been a while since counting calories has been the thing to do, but the fact remains that you should consume enough calories each day, but not more than you need. Calories do count. If you eat more calories than you burn off, you're going to gain weight. The calories you need to reduce or maintain your weight depends on a number of things. It depends on age, which often effects metabolism; height; weight; sex; and quite importantly, your physical activity.
Broaden your horizons when it comes to your plate. Variety really is the spice of life when it comes to food. Load your plate with fruits and vegetables and don't be afraid to try new ones. If you're not a vegetable person, make a commitment to try at least one unknown veggie a week. Find new ways to prepare the vegetables you normally eat, to add additional variety to your dishes.
Do the same with fruits. There are many, many different fruits available. Try a new one each week. And, prepare your fruits in interesting ways, not just plain. You can grill pitted fruits, such as peaches and plums for a wonderful dessert dish. You can also make delicious fruit shakes that are both healthy and satisfying. Add to your fruit and vegetable rich diet an organic iron supplement derived from yellow dock, burdock, dandelion, mullein, and nettle to keep your blood strong and nourished.
Whole grain products provide the best of the best. The three edible parts of the grain are preserved during processing, the inner germ, the middle endosperm, and the outer bran covering. There is a huge group of whole grain products to choose from that can provide the basis for healthy meals and snacks. They're rich in vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
Some of the most popular whole grains are brown rice, oatmeal, popcorn, barley, wild rice, buckwheat, bulgar, and millet.The benefits of a diet rich in whole grains are many. They aid in protecting you from heart disease, they've been found to reduce the risk of some cancers, aid in lowering bad cholesterol, the fiber promotes good digestive health, and help reduce the risk of developing diabetes.
To further reduce the risk of developing high cholesterol, add to your daily routine a plant formula that will naturally regulate cholesterol levels with ingredients of guggal gum, calamus, devil's claw, apple fiber, alfalfa, cayenne, and green tea.
Portion control is as important as what you're eating. We've become so accustomed to "big everything", we've lost sight of what a reasonable portion of food actually is. Particularly when you're eating out, make wise decisions. You don't necessarily need to have appetizer, soup/salad, entree, and dessert. Sometimes an appetizer is large enough to serve as your main course, especially if you plan on having dessert. Or, share a healthy entree with your partner and get an extra salad. Then you could even share a dessert. If you're disciplined enough, go ahead and order the whole spread, then box up half and take it home for the next night. Just make sure you're thinking about what you're eating; plan ahead and stick to your plan.
Most of us really enjoy eating. We don't have to give it up to be healthy. Sugar, fried and fatty foods should pretty much be eliminated but occasionally, in extreme moderation can help keep us on track of better eating habits without feeling deprived in social situations, when healthy options may not be available. Being happy is necessary to be healthy. If we constantly feel we're depriving ourselves, eventually it will take its toll. Limit these foods, make them count, but don't try to cut them out of your life forever. You'll be setting yourself up for failure. If you have an over active sweet tooth, include in your diet a natural formula that will help curb your craving for processed sugars. One that contains gymnema sylvestre and stevia leaf.
Don't forget to include activity every day. Once you've started with a healthy approach to eating, you'll be feeling more energized in no time. Develop a plan for daily activity that fits in with your lifestyle. It isn't necessary to spend hundreds of dollars on exercise equipment. Start off with a brisk walk 3 or 4 times a week. Play ball with the kids. Get a yoga or exercise tape from the library. Just get yourself moving. Find a partner to walk and exercise with, you'll be more likely to continue. Take it a step at a time and learn to really enjoy healthy eating.
The New Year has come and the resolutions have been made. The number one resolution is usually to get into better shape or improve your health. Keeping one or both of those resolutions would be great but we probably all agree that it's pretty hard to do. So, what if it were easier to keep those resolutions? Well, it's easier to get into shape or improve your overall health when you add massage therapy to your health and fitness regimen.
How can massage therapy help you to keep your resolutions? There are many ways but two stand out. First, massage therapy by itself can help you improve your health due to the many healthy benefits of massage including: improved circulation, greater flexibility, better sleep, feelings of wellness, and reduced muscular pain. Secondly, massage therapy can help you get into shape because the nagging soreness and pain from a new workout routine can be reduced or eliminated. When your pain levels are reduced you are more likely to want to continue your workouts. Receiving regular massage therapy can also prevent muscle soreness and minor injuries that could prevent you from keeping up with your workout schedule.
Now that you know that massage therapy can help you improve your health and fitness, you might want to know what types of massage therapy are available to you. There are many styles and techniques used in massage therapy but there are some that are available pretty much anywhere that you can integrate into your health and fitness routine. The best known massage therapy techniques are:
1. Swedish Massage - this is the most common of massage techniques in the United States and perhaps the world. Swedish massage is known for its long gliding strokes, kneading strokes, friction strokes, and percussion as well as joint movements that feel great while improving range of motion. It's most often thought of as a "spa" type of massage but it's much more than that. Swedish massage is great for improving circulation, improving range of motion of your joints, and helping you actually feel better in your own skin. Swedish massage can range from light pressure to a heavier pressure depending on your comfort.
2. Deep Tissue Massage - right behind Swedish massage, Deep Tissue Massage is one of the best known and most often requested massage techniques. This massage is used to root out chronic tension in the deeper musculature and connective tissues that contributes to pain and loss of range of motion in joints. While some practitioners use a heavier, sometimes uncomfortable, pressure in Deep Tissue Massage it should be noted that a more moderate pressure can reach deep tissues and achieve great results with little discomfort.
3. Sports Massage - just like it sounds, Sports Massage is geared toward athletes at every level from professional to the "weekend warrior" and those who strive for a higher level of fitness. Rather than a specific form of massage, Sports Massage is generally a combination of massage techniques tailored to the athlete's needs. The Sports Massage might be applied to one area to relieve pain or might be more general in nature to assure overall performance.
4. Neuromuscular Therapy - also called "NMT", Neuromuscular Therapy is a well known technique for relieving muscular pain throughout the body even "referred" pain that originates from someplace other than where it's felt. This technique uses very targeted massage techniques, positioning, and stretching to release myofascial trigger points in muscles as well as restrictions in tendons, muscular attachments, and sometimes fascia surrounding the muscle.
All of the massage techniques described here can help you keep on track with your pursuit of better health. Of course there are many more massage therapy techniques available that are relaxing, stress reducing, and that relieve chronic tension and pain. You actually don't have to know what type of massage to ask for, you just need to know what you want to achieve. Do you just want to relax? Reduce muscle soreness? Relieve pain? Improve posture? Ask your massage therapist what they recommend for your particular health and fitness needs and they'll help you keep your resolutions.
Planning your meals for your diet on your own can be a little intimidating at first. Many diets include sample meal plans that you can follow for awhile, but unless you don't mind having three weeks of exactly the same foods over and over again, learning how to plan your own diet meal plans will make sure you don't lose interest in the foods you are eating on your diet. It will also help you eat healthy for life - not just while dieting.
Here are 5 Tips to Make Diet Meal Planning Easier:
1. Understand Your Diet: There are hundreds of diets available to try. I follow a simple diet that involves only cutting out extra calories, sugar, fat, and eating balanced nutritious meals. Most diets are similar in structure, but not all are the same. Understanding how your diet works will help you identify foods to include in your diet and which foods to avoid. Most diet and weight loss programs explain the research and scientific data behind their weight loss plan - the better you understand this information, the easier it will be to make food choices on your own.
2. Schedule Meal Planning Time: Having a scheduled time in your week when you sit down for a half an hour or an hour to create a meal plan may seem like a waste of time at first - until you realize that it saves you time later down the road. Pick a day and a time that you can devote to meal planning and stick to it. Making it a part of your routine will help make meal planning easier.
3. Create a Grocery List: When you create a meal plan, it helps to also make a shopping list of the necessary groceries and supplies you will need. This can save you not only headaches and time but money if you plan accordingly for the meals you will eat throughout the week. For example, one night you could cook chicken breast, and then save any leftovers to be used the next day for lunch or revamp it for another dinner.
4. Allow for unexpected surprises: There will be days when your schedule is so hectic that you may not have time to eat the foods you originally planned. Be prepared for those types of days by having nutritious snacks available as well as the most friendly diet options you can choose at restaurants or the drive through window.
5. Keep a Note Board: Whether you decide to use a dry erase board or simply a sheet of paper with a pencil attached that you access easily, a note board is a great way to be more organized and efficient when planning your meals and grocery shopping. For example, you may notice one night while cooking that you are running low on important ingredients or you may get an idea for another meal you can try. Having a note board will let you jot down ideas quickly, as well as communicate with others living in your household. Then, when you sit down to create the meal plan, you will have a list that is easily accessible to work from.
Meal planning while on a diet doesn't have to be a chore, and you do not have to be attached to the diet meal plans your weight loss program provided in the beginning forever. Using samples and examples of diet plans can help give you ideas and following the 5 easy meal planning tips above will help you save not only time but money also.
Obesity is one of the most prevailing health problems in all parts of the world, especially in America. With gradual weight gain the lifestyle changes in a great way and the result becomes visible in your body weight. On the other hand it can also be said that unhealthy food habits and sedentary lifestyle are two reasons of weight gain. Whatever be the root cause is, the focus should be on weight management. Though there are numerous weight-loss aids available in the market now-a-days which includes the diet pills, supplements, protein bars and many more, weight management with diet plans seem to be the best and effective way.
Change your meal intake pattern:
Instead of taking four heavy meals a day, try to divide your meals into five to six small servings. After every 2 to 3 hours, when you feel hungry, have light foods and munch them well with ample time. This will certainly reduce the calorie consumption and help you lose weight. Most of the popular diet plans suggest the same in their instructions.
Include vegetables in your diet:
Including green vegetables in your diet plan helps a lot. Fresh fruits can also help you a great deal. Take cereals, beans, carrots and tomatoes in plenty. You can take carrot juice every morning at empty stomach as it is an excellent home remedy to lose fat. Fruits like apple, bananas and grapes are also helpful. Avoid foods high in calories like red meat, sweets and candies. Instead you can consume lean meat and fruit punches. Avoid beverages like soft drinks and replace them with juice and fruit salad.
Avoid junk foods:
Always try and avoid eating junk foods like pizza, burger and chips, though they are tempting. These foods contain large amount of calorie and saturated fat that is bad for the overall health.
Include herbs in your diet:
Herbs are very useful when it comes to lose weight. An Indian herb called Guggul helps in reducing cholesterol and removes deposited fat quickly. It works on the metabolism of the body and facilitates it in a great way. Its fat burning process is widely appreciated and often used for natural weight loss.
Triphala is another excellent herb that works with the principle of stomach cleansing. It is better if you take it in the morning after a brief morning walk session.
Garnicia Cambogia is an herb that prevents the formation of fat cells in the body. It converts the blood sugar into glycogen rather than converting it into fat. Hence the overall health also improves with regular usage.
The juice extracted from a plant called Aloe Vera helps a lot. It aids in the digestion process by cleaning the digestive tract that makes the metabolism in your body to function properly.
Above are few dietary changes that can help you lose weight in a great way. Make sure when you start with a diet plan, you should also continue it until you get desired result.
With the modern busy life-styles and the rise in the number of fast foods joints that serve meals full of saturated fats, along with the use of a lot of refined sugar in sodas and other processed low fibre foods have all contributed to the fact that there are more people than ever before who are classified as either overweight or are obese.
But despite the momentum toward weight gain, you can stop it from happening, experts say. And there are plenty of good reasons to avoid excess pounds, reasons that go beyond vanity or social acceptance.
In fact, some health experts contend that the significance of excess weight is more than cosmetic. They say that it takes a huge toll on people’s physical health.
Many turn to fast weight loss diet plans. These quick weight loss diet plans are known as fad diets because that is exactly what they are, just a fad In fashion at the time. However, when fashion is over and popularity wanes, people will realize that the diet they have depended on is not reliable at all.
Many of the quick weight loss methods, which have spread like wild fire these days, do not provide lasting results. More often than not, dieting methods, which involve dietary drinks, foods and supplement or pills, do not work. If they do, the results are just temporary.
Programs that promise the greatest reward in the least amount of time and with the least amount of effort tend to get the most immediate attention from overwhelmed people who just want to get the weight off as fast as possible
A lot of people who are into losing weight with a ‘Fad Diet’ usually drop by the wayside anyway. Many get bored with not being able to enjoy those delicious treats. Or, exercise on a regular basis can become a chore.
They tend to slip back to their old eating habits and take the easy route and return to their past sedentary ways even though they may have enjoyed exercising.
There is no doubt that many people try to lose weight too quickly, with dangerous crash diets. That doesn't mean that there are no legitimate methods available for speeding up your progress on a proper weight loss program that include the correct nutritional requirements for a healthy lifestyle
But unfortunately, there are plenty of weight-loss strategies that are guaranteed to fail. This is because these quick fixes included in certain diet plans are, in reality, not efficient because they do not employ the right principle and the right attitude in losing weight.
It is better to rely on a healthy weight loss option, which will provide lifetime results. You have to set realistic goals and not expect to lose a lot of pounds in a short span of time.
Make sure that the right discipline is practiced to promote consistency on the diet plan that you are following. This will lead eventually to a healthy life-style and a more fruitful living without the extra fat and extra pounds on the side.
Information contained in this article is not meant to replace professional advice. Always check with your physician before starting any weight loss or exercise program.
The answer to that question is, “Of course you are!” However you may still want a few beauty tips that may help you feel even more beautiful than you already are. Maybe you would like a few natural beauty tips as well? Take a look below to see a few beauty tips and a bit of beauty advice that you will probably find most useful.
A bit of beauty advice first: Don’t be afraid to get a makeover if you feel your make up isn’t quite working anymore. Remember as the seasons change, as you grow older, or even as life events change, they can all affect how you look. Skin tone and colors can darken or lighten, Hair color can do the same. So stop in and get some expert advice on the right colors for you whenever you think things look a bit off.
A single beauty tip: Remember – as a general rule: less is more. That has always been true. Apply your make up with that in mind. Keep to a hair style that does not have everyone just noticing your hair. Blend and harmonize.
That beauty advice needs to be stressed again. Less is more. Interestingly, most men are not attracted to an overly done woman. He falls in love with the real you, don’t try to fake him out. Do what you can to make yourself look great, without overdoing it!
A few natural beauty tips:
• Walk tall. Keep your head up and your shoulders back. Your good posture not only allows energy to flow through your body better, but it also can help you look a bit slimmer.
• Keep your body toned with an exercise program that does not build bulky muscles.
• To prevent dark circles under your eyes, try sleeping with two or three pillows.
• Keep a positive attitude and a happy outlook. Angry or antagonistic attitudes, postures, and countenances cause your beauty to dissipate, and make the wrinkles come a whole lot sooner.
A few more beauty tips:
• Use a good facial soap – splurge on this!
• Make sure you keep your skin toned and moisturized
• If you are in a hot, dry, sunny climate, keep your sun block on!
• Use a sun block designed for the face on the face!
• Whenever you wear perfume, you must make sure that the scent works with the chemistry of your body. Not all perfumes work for all women!
When you step back and think about all the beauty tips and beauty advice there is available to you, there is always one very important message, which is to keep yourself in good health – that includes proper nutrition, rest, and attitude. It includes a rewarding exercise program is also essential to staying fit and helping to keep off unwanted pounds. These free beauty tips really help you live a long life, and not just look great!
Being healthy is a life choice, and it starts with a healthy diet. The benefits are endless, but the consequences of neglecting ourselves of this most primal need (proper nutrients) is often deadly. You wouldn't pour water in your gas tank (or use it in place of the engine oil) and expect to drive very far, yet you're doing it to yourself every time you consume unhealthy foods (heavily processed foods, refined sugars and flower, artificial additives, chemicals...), and Americans are consuming these foods at an unprecedented rate...and no one’s thinking twice about it. Only when something becomes a headline on the 6 o’clock news does it grab the public’s attention, but once the dust clears its right back to poor diet choices and a general lack of health concern.
It would take only one expensive bill from the mechanic for you to learn your lesson, yet a single American will spend thousands of dollars on doctors visits, medications, and major medical perseguers, all of which could potentially be avoided but instead are looked at as being "just part of life". Pharmaceutical companies would love for us to live forever, so long as we’re taking a handful of their “latest and greatest” pills that promise to solve all of our health problems. The truth is these medications (over the counter and prescription) simply suppress the symptoms, without ever curing the problem. I guess it’s a clever pitch though to a naive public; eat as poorly as you want, just take our drug once your body begins screaming for help (with all its aches and pains), and everything will be ok.
The sad thing is that with all our knowledge in the fields of science and medicine, we are far from the healthiest civilization on this planet. With all of todays "wonder drugs" and "modern medical miracles", our life expectancy for what we consider a "healthy person" is 40-50 years shy of some of the healthiest civilizations ever documented. It's not out of reach though, a healthy diet full of fresh organic fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and minimally processed foods, along with exercise, and you’re on your way to a long healthy life.
Living with allergies can be difficult, some harder than others. Being allergic to both soy and dairy, I know this first hand. So with the hopes of educating others, I have created a very informative blog with a focus on living soy and dairy free, while maintaining a healthy diet. My belief in natural healing and natural cures is the driving force behind my desire to be as healthy as I can be...body and mind.
By: mike misakent
Everyone understands the fact that oxygen is momentous for humans. That is one of the reasons that people breathe to provide oxygen to all of their organs. Without the availability of sufficient amount of oxygen, your brain, glands, nerves and other internal organs will never become able to perform optimally. It is enough to present the importance of oxygen that you can live without food for few days, but, without oxygen, no chance.
As mentioned that oxygen is momentous, so, you will have to take right steps to provide your body with the optimum level of oxygen. Remember, if there will be a blockage of oxygen to your heart, heart failure can be the result. So, you must understand the importance of supplying enough oxygen to your body and internal organ.
Breathing is the way to provide your body with the required amount of oxygen. However, there is a proper technique of breathing that can help you to supply the right amount of oxygen to your body. Here, you must be thinking that you already know as how to breathe as it’s just natural.
Well, the process of breathing surely occurs naturally, but, there are specific benefits that can be enjoyed after making some conscious efforts.
It is pertinent to mention here that there are lots of people who breathe in an unhealthy way. Actually, it’s all about maintaining a right posture while breathing. For instance, some people can have different types of jobs where they may have to sit in bad postures like slouched positions.
In these positions, supply of oxygen to their lungs can get hampered which can lead to shortened breaths. Those are the people who should be informed about the right way of breathing as oxygen is essential to purify blood stream and that can not done without going with a right breathing technique.
Apart from postures, people always remain in a hurry. It’s actually quite obvious as if you want to compete with the world, you will have to work faster. However, this should not affect your breathing technique or you will have to live with low vitality. So, you must always try to get relaxed and breathe properly and deeply. Don’t go for shallow and half breaths.
Also, you must make a conscious effort to find out as if you are breathing from nose or from mouth. There are some people who don’t ever realize that they breathe from mouth. You must shun this habit and must try to breathe through nose as it changes the temperature of air and purify it to certain extent.
So, the crux of the matter is that people breathe in an unhealthy way not consciously, but, unconsciously. When it becomes a habit, you will never be able to figure it out. However, if you think that you are not enjoying the best health and having a limited stamina or vitality, then you must review your breathing techniques.
In this regard, you can also join some centers to learn the correct techniques of breathing. Obviously, there is nothing as effective as having a live demonstration of correct breathing techniques.
By: Jim White
Coughs, colds, and the flu can get in the way of our lives and cause us to miss work and miss out on fun. It is hard to feel attractive and motivated when our eyes are red, nose is running, and we are feeling under the whether.
The Immune system is the main line of defensive energy for the body. It protects the body from invasion of infectious microorganism such as viruses, bacteria, and invading parasites. These organisms are present in our daily lives in food, water, and exposure to people and animals. Every time you eat or drink, these bacteria's and microorganisms enter the body.
Weakening of the immune system makes us vulnerable to every type of illness that affects humans. Some common signs of impaired immune functions include fatigue, lassitude, repeated infections, inflammation, allergic reactions, slow wound healing, chronic diarrhea and infections related to overgrowth of benign organisms already present in the body, such as oral thrush, vaginal yeast infections and other fungal infections.
It is not surprising, then, that research into colostrum was initially aimed at determining its value as a dietary or nutritional supplement. From this research, we now know that the same immune factors in colostrum that are so beneficial in developing the immune systems of infants also have beneficial effects on the immune systems of older children and adults. For people of all ages, colostrum is a safe, natural, and effective way to maintain immune system health and strengthen immune system function.
Natural health medicine is one of many tools available to complement a natural health lifestyle. Because it can naturally combine with normal body processes, to strengthen your immune system, you can become naturally resistant to numerous afflictions, waiting to invade. There are many people who have derived benefit from the use of natural medicine, to the extent that it has reduced their requirement for traditional and unpredictable alternatives.
Mushrooms have an immune substance that enhances immune response by helping the production of white blood cells. It brings vitality to the cells by increasing cellular metabolism, removing toxins and preventing free radical damage. Also mushrooms have been reported to significantly reduce stress and has shown beneficial in relieving joint pain and strengthening the skeletal and neuro-muscular systems of the body. The best kind of mushroom is shiitake.
Yarrow (Achillea millefolium) has been scientifically shown to kill all gram positive and gram negative bacteria. A small spray bottle of the tincture of the flowering tops can be used to spray the inside of the nose, killing any bacteria lurking there. Spraying tincture in your nose does sting a little and makes the eyes water, but don't dilute it - the alcohol is antibacterial to
By: John Adison
Start your day with breakfast.
First thing in the day begins with the Breakfast fills your "empty tank" to get you going after a long night without food. And it can help you do better in any place. Easy to prepare breakfasts include cold cereal with fruit and low-fat milk, whole-wheat toast with peanut butter, and some fruit etc.
It's easy to fit physical activities into your daily routine. Walk, bike or jog to see friends. Take a 10-minute activity break every hour while you read, do homework or watch TV. Climb stairs instead of taking an escalator or elevator. Try to do these things for a total of 30 minutes every day. Then you will be a healthy person.
Snacks are a great way to refuel. Choose snacks from different food groups a glass of low-fat milk and a few graham crackers, an apple or celery sticks with peanut butter and raisins, or some dry cereal. If you eat smart at other meals, cookies, chips and candy are OK for occasional snacking.
Work up a sweat.
Vigorous work-outs when you're breathing hard and sweating help your heart pump better, give you more energy and help you look and feel your best. Start with a warm-up that stretches your muscles. Include 20 minutes of aerobic activity, such as running, jogging or dancing. Follow-up some activities that help make you stronger such as push-ups or lifting weights. Then cool-down with more stretching and deep breathing.
Balance your food choices don't eat too much of one thing.
You don't have to give up foods like hamburgers, French fries and ice cream to eat healthfully. You just have to be smart about how often and how much of them you eat. Your body needs nutrients like protein, carbohydrates, fat and many different vitamins and minerals such as vitamins C and A, iron and calcium from a variety of foods.
Get fit with friends or family.
Being active is much more fun with friends or family. Encourage others to join you and plan one special physical activity event, like a bike ride or hiking, with a group each week.
Eat more grains, fruits and vegetables.
These foods give you carbohydrates for energy, plus vitamins, minerals and fiber. Besides, they taste good! Try breads such as whole-wheat, bagels and pita. Spaghetti and oatmeal are also in the grain group Banana, strawberries and water melons are some great tasting fruits. Try vegetables raw, on a sandwich or in a salad.
Join in physical activities at school.
Whether you take a physical education class or do other physical activities at school, such as intramural sports, structured activities are a sure way to feel good, look good and stay physically fit.
Foods aren't good or bad.
A healthy eating style is like a puzzle with many parts. Each food is different. Some foods may have more fat, sugar or salt while others may have more vitamins or fiber. There is a place for all these foods. What makes a diet good or bad is how foods fit together. Balancing your choices is important. Fit in a higher-fat food, like pepperoni pizza, at dinner by choosing lower-fat foods at other meals. And don't forget about moderation. If two pieces of pizza fill you up, don't eat a third.
Make healthy eating and physical activities fun!
Take advantage of physical activities you and your friends enjoy doing together and eat the foods you like. Be adventurous try new sports, games and other activities as well as new foods. You'll grow stronger, play longer, and look and feel better! Set realistic goals don't try changing too much at once.
By: Shabari Nath
- Every one of us is responsible for the way of life being experienced by every person that weaves the details of his life as it pleases, and all reflect the way followed by the internal motivations and how to think.
But at the same time, we can not denial of the fact that "prevention is better than cure" and the word is synonymous prevention "protection and primary health care" is any action to be followed to protect the rights of the disease or to predict and reduce its implications. It is also concerned with the advancement of the level of human health and protection from infection or infectious diseases, both non-communicable diseases.
- What is the difference between the form of prevention in health and quality of life?
There is a big difference between the concept of health and quality of life, health is a part of all is one of the elements that determine the quality of life it is a tool and not an end. It is also the supplier of the resources of our daily lives to achieve an acceptable level of quality of life.
Health is not merely the absence of disease, but how to prevent it and here is the ability of humans to adapt to the challenges of life, but variables and control through the adoption of some of the methods in the personal life but in the environment around them.
We must not mistake the understanding of a healthy lifestyle that depends on the manner in which the deprivation of rights of many things, but is simply a way to keep us from serious diseases, and makes us live a happy life pleasant satisfied as long as possible, and we do not try to deceive death, but an attempt to live without pain or illness or suffering or anger because the long lifetime + the pain and the disease does not pay.
- The elements of healthy life:
- The equivalent of a healthy lifestyle:
- A proper diet.
- Exercise + movement.
- The light of the sun.
- Rest and relaxation.
- A positive emotional habits, such as: laughter, love and a spirit of optimism.
- A healthy environment.
- Human behavior itself.
- The role of genetic factors.
- Refrain from smoking.
- Will review in some detail some of these elements as follows:
- Genetic factor (genetic inheritance):
Possible that when a person inherits his mother's eye, smile, etc. But seriously ... the genetic extend much further, especially at the age of progress in the individual time to discover many of the inherited diseases, it is not easy or easy. The genetic factor is one of the important factors that contribute to the prevention of many diseases or predictable so that they can be remedied at an early stage
Diseases where the genetic factor plays a major role: breast cancer, heart disease, diabetes, blood pressure, some mental illnesses, such as eye problems related to the blue waters, oblivion, ... alcoholism and other diseases if the other was a member of your family and in particular class I (father - mother - brother - sister - son) suffering from one of these diseases are likely to inherit an existing, but can not say so at the same time. Because many of these diseases such as diabetes and heart disease, depression and diseases are controlled by genetic factors in addition to other factors and find that other factors are (especially those related to mental illness than) the pressures that are around us in the environment, support systems, to try to keep pace with changes. Those related to a bit of physical diseases are: poor diet, smoking, obesity, lack of exercise
* Those are some statistics for some genetic diseases:
- Breast cancer:
The proportion of inheritance of the disease from 5% to 10%, and predictable to those of their first-degree relatives (mother, sister, daughter) Oseben Oseben disease or cancer of the uterus and pelvis and colon. Higher than the proportion of infection than their first-degree relatives, and living with the disease from 6 to 10 times that of patients with no history in the family
- Prostate cancer:
Same thing for this disease, it has had a brother and father were from the disease here Vtaatdhaaf chance of infection and even the possibility of diagnosis at an early stage.
- Heart disease:
For heart disease, regardless of type, whether boy or girl, man or woman, family history, which involves the specific diseases, such as: heart disease, or diabetes, or gout, or high blood pressure or high cholesterol ratio. All this increases the likelihood of heart disease.
It is a disease in which genetics play a big role, if the father was suffering from diabetes (type I) the possibility of the son or daughter's injury in place by 1: 17, as well as Ms. pregnant before the age of 25, and the prospect of her child to inherit the disease represents a ratio of 1: 25.
- The blue water on the eye:
This disease is hereditary and is also detrimental to the vision of the eye, it must be continuously examined to detect the disease at an early stage and therefore are protected eye.
Is not the physical person is affected by the genetic factor, but the psychological state and mental well as genes, plays an important role of genetic factor in kind. Thus, depression is Etwarth members of the same family, where a person inherits the disease of depression if it is first-degree relatives suffer from it (the father, sister, brother, father, daughter) and the rate of transmission of the disease = 25%.
These are examples of some diseases can be genetic factor plays a big role in which opportunities prevention of these diseases or detect at an early stage increases the chances of raising the quality of human life to live a healthy life as long as possible, and here comes the role of the physician to conduct tests to reduce the incidence of these opportunities diseases. If there were patients in the family history for heart disease, you can avoid the injury by adopting a proper diet and exercise activity athlete. For breast cancer tests done in addition to monthly self-examinations and X because the medical intervention at an early stage of these diseases increase the chances of life.
Food can be either a cause of life or loss of rights, the use of an unbalanced diet and too many diseases because of the human person and thus affect the quality of life: cancer, heart disease, diabetes, strokes. Also, obesity is one of the problems related to our system of feeding the wrong, which in turn lead to the incidence of other problems including: high blood pressure, arthritis and heart attacks. Therefore, we must focus our attention not only on how much to eat, but also on the type, and these are some of the outlines of each person must be at least in the diet (food pyramid).
- Eat more foods that have fiber because they prevent infection with many diseases.
- Eat more fruits, grains and fresh vegetables.
- The intake of food for the four food groups food pyramid because many of the regulations repealed slimming group or two of these foods, but this is not true that the health or diet should be integrated so that it does not catch the human disorder and the person quickly becomes bored of the slimming effect, leading counter-productive and the most important thing of all is how to reduce these times and the number of meals eaten.
- Reduce the percentage of calories covered and this does not mean that the calculation of the amount of calories, but you have to note whether your food is high in thermal Sarath or low. In general, foods with a high proportion of fat is also high in portions, including: meat, cheese, whole milk, candy, alcohol and pastries.
- Cutting down on foods with a high proportion of fat and you have to take up the bread, cereals, rice and pasta instead of the food and the health of the province as well as it helps you lose weight.
- Avoid too much to take the egg yolk, liver, because of the high-cholesterol ratios.
- Avoid too much to deal with the brown and white sugar added to foods or sugar, as well as sweets.
- Avoid caffeine because it dealt with lead to osteoporosis.
- You have to deal with increasing the milk and water to that in which there is calcium.
- Avoid eating spices and condiments as they prepared to cause trouble, such as: black pepper, curry, recovered.
- Avoid eating fats: including butter and margarine.
- Avoid eating hydrogenated oils: they harm the arteries and to increase the fatty tissue in the body.
- Avoid eating white flour products such as pancakes, biscuits and chips because they are difficult digestion.
- Not too much salt.
- Avoid eating pickles and vinegar products because they are difficult in digestion as well.
- To avoid eating any processed foods, fast food preparation.
- Avoid eating yellow cheese because it is high fat.
- Not eat more ice cream, potato chips and popcorn and soda.
And moderation in dealing with food is the ideal solution, each component of diet is important for building and development of the human body can not overlook the element at the expense of every other component of food necessary for human life, but moderation is the solution to any problem or face possible rights in the future.
- The practice of sporting activity:
Assist and contribute to the necessities of life and prosperity in human laziness in the absence of any effort is to use the car, elevator, computer ... etc.. In addition, in light of modern technology, there has been no human free time in order to exercise or sports activity is something that increases the chances of heart disease and many other diseases, we will not mention here, but we will mention the benefits that can accrue to you from the sports activity.
- Lowers blood pressure.
- Control the weight.
- Increase the proportion of high-density Allibobrotin level in the blood (an indicator of the ratio of good cholesterol).
- Limiting diabetes.
- Gain the flexibility of muscles and provide the body energy.
- Increase the efficiency of the work of blood vessels and to expand.
- Help you to quit smoking.
- Prolong life, as studies have shown that the low rate of mortality among the elderly who have a sports activity.
- Help to reduce tension and anxiety.
- Reduces the risk of colon cancer.
- Increases the force with muscle.
- Increases the force with muscle.
- Strengthen the tissue.
- Increase the efficiency of the heart, by increasing the body's blood pumping and prevent Altjltat.
- Increase the efficiency of the work of the digestive system because of the sporting activity more than the speed of blood circulation in the human body in the return of blood to the heart of the digestive system, which is in the process of digestion at the same time help the digestive system to restore normal
- Increase the efficiency of the respiratory system (lung) because it helps to enter as much as possible from the air to the lungs and with the least effort.
- Help to make use of oxygen and then distributed to the body's cells.
- Gain permanent rights of youth, strength, vitality and attractiveness.
- Earned the spirit of optimism and keeps him on the pressure.
- Helps to relax and sleep and mental processes to be better and the completion of work without feeling tired.
- Contribute to the upbringing of children in a healthy way to build bones and muscles and all the members of the body.
- Advised doctors to work in the sports activity to prevent the occurrence of stroke, kidney Hasawy, and to compensate the losses of calcium of patients who Ilasmon bed for a long time, and it is beneficial to the bones in the case of bone fractures, where Icassap flexibility, flexibility and return to normal.
- Gain rights of self-confidence.
You can practice many sports activities such as: walking, swimming, running, tennis, volleyball ... etc.. Or practice some exercises to give your body flexibility, flexibility, and if you have problems breathing or heart or bones or problems relating to aging, you have to consult a doctor first so that you develop a plan tailored to your needs in addition to that must begin gradually in the exercise of any activity Pushup or keep it with, say, three times a week for 30 minutes at a time and then gradually increase up to 60 minutes and you can start with five to ten minutes is also a possibility if you have a non-significant and that would lead to the desired results and should not be overly the exercise of any activity that Siardk of the harm and damage, that there will be periods of rest.
And any activity that requires a sports-specific fitness program to increase the flexibility of the body and fitness is not subject to any damage or injury related to fitness and any plan should include five basic elements (A, B to fitness):
- Durability, which depends on wind energy.
- Muscular endurance.
- Muscle power.
- Physical training.
- We can divide the sports activities of two types:
- The type depends on the use of wind energy.
- Depends on the type of anaerobic energy use.
- Activities that rely on wind energy: the flexibility of contributing to an increase in cardiovascular, which is where the effort of the muscle can convert fuel to the internal energy and the effort required to supply the heart muscle with oxygen and help this effort added to the heart muscle to strengthen and increase the efficiency and activity-dependent the wind power is found in: walk, swim, run, jump and ride a calf ... etc..
- The activities that rely on anaerobic energy: the energy-supplying the body muscles to carry out its operations through a chemical process does not require the presence of oxygen, and gain the object of these activities: flexibility, stamina, fitness, increase speed in the performance of the body moves and skills of many other physical object Although the activities of this kind of stressful, we find the following types: bowling, golf, weightlifting and volleyball.
Are you ready to stop smoking? If the answer is yes, you are a brave person and deserves all the appreciation and respect for people can not Ijabbark to that, but in order to protect your health and maintain the elegant looks and be an example to those who Isgrunk age. Everyone knows you do not want to continue this bad habit, but the fear of weight gain is a real problem Twrqk not it?! But I think that the increase in weight than the lesser of the damage caused by cigarettes and the person Djanha smoker and non smoker. We see what are the reasons for weight gain. Three reasons:
- Because the nicotine in cigarettes that are helping the human and the loss of weight, leaving the cigarette disappear when the influence of nicotine.
- And that, when leaving the rights of smoking are held water in the body, leading to an increase in weight.
- To use the body more calories a result of stopping smoking and therefore the human need to eat more food, resulting in increased caloric intake and thereby increasing the weight of rights.
- The disadvantages of smoking:
- Increased heart rate.
- The body of approximately 4000 chemicals in cigarette per 40 cause disease, including cancer.
- Exposure to lung cancer and the proportion of women than men: 22-12
- Exposure to infection and diseases of heart attacks, strokes, chronic bronchitis and other lung diseases.
- The problems of passive smoking for non-smokers.
- How to overcome negative habit?
- Through the use of alternative health habits:
- Drinking lots of water and juices.
- Meeting with friends to avoid places where smokers are smoking.
- The practice of sport.
- Go to places where smoking is not allowed, including the cinema.
- Request support and encouragement from friends.
- Avoid exposure to the positions where the pressure and tension, and you have to postpone the idea of quitting smoking if you have problems to be overcome.
- Relaxation and sleep.
- Do not put yourself in a testing phase and you have a final and a one-time smoking cigarettes.
- You walk a lot.
- Avoid eating caffeine in any form whatsoever.
- Eat more vegetables and fruit.
- Consult a doctor if necessary so the body compensates for the nicotine dose used by the body to be addressed.
- Stay away from certain habits that you exercised during the Tdechenk of cigarettes, such as reading the newspaper to be rid of this habit
- Do not bother the increase in weight (mean excessive here) because that is normal with a commitment to a proper diet.
- When quitting smoking, we find that the body get rid of the effects of the handling of the last cigarette after 12 hours, and starts the heart and lung condition in the restoration of the natural ease with the return of breathing and the disappearance of cough associated with smoking as it reduces the risk of death from diseases related to this bad habit and the most important thing is actively contributing to purifying the air around us.
- The pressure of life and Alrahpk
Was in defiance of human life for many of the pressures and therefore result from the injury of numerous diseases, including heart disease, lung disease and nervous colon, neck pain, back pain, depression, insomnia, fatigue, leading to the adoption of the Rights of stimulant to increase focus. But the best solution is rest and recuperation for the shipment and the strength of why you Qguak, learning flexibility, and the propagation of the vitamins will help you to relax, get as much sleep as possible because it benefits your immune, you change in your lifestyle. The psychological treatment of any person who is good in the floor, the floor and kind words of encouragement here, the positive words, when people are encouraged in the harsh conditions of psychological words such as psychological treatment and reduce the impact of tensions and pressures that face and even prevent many infectious diseases such as stomach ulcers , high blood pressure, diabetes, mental illness ... etc.. There are simple and easy method can be performed by any human being to regulate the flow of energy to the body through massage (massage) it is one of the most successful ways to help the human to relax and rest.
Rights is the first official whether he wants to live a peaceful life or not, depending on his behavior towards the environment, which would result in improving the conditions of health and human well-being. The relationship between health and the environment, but a complex overlapping of the very health of rights derived from the environment within which they live and live among different variables and the multiple forms and types of environment that we live inside a bit:
- Agricultural environment.
- Industrial environment.
- Financial environment.
- Political environment.
- Environment, universities, research centers, scientific institutions.
- The media environment.
Environment - public and private sectors.
Environment - non-governmental bodies such as trade unions.
Environment - the competent bodies at all levels.
- Tools of the Environmental Health Department Main:
- The provision of health information system Albiiipz
- Identification and definition of environmental risk.
- Legislative framework for the law binding.
- Further action officer.
- Environmental health services.
- Education and professional training.
- General information, health-related education.
- Public participation.
- A scientific research and technological development.
Can not live without any living organism is a vital element of air, you can live a few weeks without food, days without water, but you can not live only minutes without air.
And persons who suffer from problems in Tnevshm lack of access to adequate oxygen affects their lives, and similarly if Tnevsna way Khatipe the air up to the body's cells are not sufficient and therefore affect the operations of the body. There is a simple and easy way to get as much air as possible from the body needs to function efficiently.
When you wake up to take the same deep and repeated such a thing all day it helps to open the chest and lungs, so that the adequate Aisalhma air breathing lung surface is not only detrimental, but the whole body Vkonk fill only the upper part of the chest and the air because the air does not reach the lung, but only to each cell of the body's cells.
- There must be adequate ventilation of the house.
- Tried to eliminate the largest possible time between the green parks and because the air there is fresh air.
- Breathing through the nose healthier to breathe through the mouth because the mouth membrane heated Moisturizes and purifies the air inside of the body. The correct method of breathing is done through the chest and abdomen, the chest is not only leading to the feeling of weariness and fatigue, but causes anemia and infection of human breathing is not easy.
- The light of the sun:
Everything depends on our world in the light of the sun Without the sun can not life on the Earth's surface. The sun's rays destroy the harmful bacteria, and the body has been helping to reduce blood pressure by 8% in addition to the practice of sports activity, and reduce cholesterol, reduce blood sugar impact being such as insulin, and increases the white cells, and facilitate the process of breathing and make it deeper and slower . They also reduce the magic rays of heart rate, and increases the light of the sun from the blood's ability to carry as much as possible and transfer oxygen to the tissues of the body. The mere one-time exposure to ultraviolet light to sunlight increases the oxygen content in the blood and its impact will continue for several days. For asthma patients who find it difficult to breathe after taking a bath in the sun will find breathing easier and less powerless in the heart pulse rate. And more sunlight from the body's ability to produce material Alidrnabann, and gain the body calm and relaxed, especially those who suffer from stomach ulcers. But you must be vigilant against the sun and exposure to them often during the summer so as not to fall victim to sunstroke.
Water is the best medicine on earth but is the most precious minerals, and water represents about 60% of the total composition of the human body and we can say that many of the cells within the human body swimming in the water. Carrying water, food and oxygen to the tissues and one of the means whereby the body get rid of harmful substances. When the man is assisted by a warm bath to relax and calm the nervous as well as it opens the pores of the skin. And drink water frequently very useful to prevent Bhsoat kidney infection, constipation, and avoiding the rights to be the same or the smell of urine is smelly, and we find that the body loses about 12 Cuba of water through sweat through the skin and lung of the more frequent that you drink water when waking up from sleep all day.
- And draw from the foregoing that there are determinants of health:
- The level of income and social status: not intended by the amount of wealth here, but how to distribute so as to enable individuals to take more positive steps towards health. No doubt that the higher the income level where there is potential that the person can maintain their health, and also the higher the social status as a positive contribution to the quality of human life, not here necessarily requires the availability of material capabilities, but we mean the high level of awareness and health education, maintenance health does not only require money in many cases, Valenzafp can be the basis for our health and the prevention of many diseases.
- Social support networks: that helps and encourages people to deal with the adjustment and attitudes and living conditions. The Specialist in the Social Affairs to work or school or university, psychologists, social institutions of the Ministry of Social Affairs.
- Education: is a combination of information and skills that an individual to cope with the challenges of life and unable to participate in the community for employment and other activities.
- And conditions of employment: the conditions of those on the economic stability and environmental health-related work.
- Elements of the environment: the protection of water, air and soil, to provide adequate housing, food ... etc..
- Health services: The provision of services in primary care and preventive health, including raising a child before and after birth as well as providing special services to lift the immune system, increased health education programs.
- Child-rearing to health: in the presence of positive paternity and maternity and the provision of vaccinations.
- Practice personal: the behavior of every person to be able to protect itself from which the disease through the many challenges confronting the development of capacity for self-reliance and problem-solving to increase the opportunities for support and promotion of health.
- Genetic factors: the capacity of a child born at the autopsy and the psychological and mental, which has evolved with the life cycle.
- Steps to a healthy lifestyle:
- You follow the following:
- Helping others.
- You have to be sensitive but not influenced by everything going on around you.
- All fresh food.
- Drink lots of water.
- Wear cotton clothing or any normal tissue of your skin can breathe through it.
- Avoid negative people and ideas.
- Learn how to laugh.
- Stop watch serious television news, especially if you are in a bad psychological state.
- Follow the diet balanced properly.
- March sport.
- Stay Thbora You do not slow the frustration of the results.
- Spend most of the time with those you love.
- Always remember you You are responsible only for the process of change is not waiting for others to make you such a step.
- Start by changing your thoughts to see the healthy life that they are not deprived of the things that you like to see this change as an adventure of discovery and the results you want.
- Far from everything, and a negative means frustration, whether in the form of ideas or people.
- In the end, we find that compliance with the law of natural health-based moderation in every and any thing is the simplest and easiest ways to prevent health and safe ... Think about that good?!
Everyone wants to be in the best best health possible. Sleeping well, having lots of energy and living a pain-free life are attainable goals for most of us. Unfortunately, there is so much confusing information available as to how we can be our healthiest, that it's hard to know where to start. Almost daily we hear about some new drug that can lower cholesterol, balance blood sugar, help you lose weight, decrease your blood pressure, ease your pain, or help whatever health condition you may have. We read about miracle foods, the perfect vitamin, tropical juices, and power drinks that are the answer to all your health concerns
Unfortunately, there is no miracle food and most medications only address the symptoms of disease; they rarely cure. Sure, you may feel better for a while, but more often than not, your symptoms return, or you need to continually take greater amounts of medications to obtain the same effectiveness.
What if there were a way to treat the source of your health problems? To make them go away and never come back. This may sound like a tall order, but it happens every day, and has been happening every day for thousands of years. An effective system of healing has been helping people like you feel their best for centuries. That system of healing is Chinese medicine.
When we think about Chinese medicine, most of us think about acupuncture, which is an important component, but acupuncture isn't the only thing that Chinese medicine has to offer. The ancient Chinese sages believed that the best way to stay healthy is through lifestyle and proper diet. Even when someone became sick, the first treatment would often be food therapy and lifestyle changes. Only if those measures failed, would they turn to acupuncture and herbs for a cure.
There are a number of life habits and dietary guidelines based on the teachings of Chinese medicine that are available to each of us. The following guidelines are simple enough, but can impact your health dramatically.
1) Eat according to Chinese food theory. Most people who are trying to improve their health give a considerable amount of thought to what they should eat. Unfortunately, as a culture, we tend to label foods as either good or bad, which has us eliminating whole food groups from our diet.
The Chinese look at food in a different way. Rather than getting bogged down in which food is good and which food is bad, they look at digestion as the key to healthy eating. The healthiest food in the world is useless if your digestion is poor.
Think of your digestive process as a pot of soup simmering over a low heat, say 98 degrees, the temperature of our body. If you add a 24 oz. frozen drink or ice cream to that pot of soup, it stops simmering, and it takes a long time for the soup to get back its warmth to continue cooking. The same is true of your digestion. When you eat or drink very cold foods, it slows your digestion and takes a lot of your internal energy to warm it up again. Eating lots of raw vegetables and fruits have a similar effect. Your energy is consumed in the digestive process.
According to Chinese theory, if you “predigest” foods by cooking them a little bit, they will be better digested and as a result, will be more easily absorbed and converted into the nutrients your body needs for good health. Ideal meals include soups, stews, and stir fries.
As for exactly what to eat, you don't have to look any further than your neighborhood Chinese restaurant for the answer. Eat lots of vegetables, a little protein, a little carbohydrate in the form of whole grains, a little fruit and small amounts of everything else. Drink warm tea or room temperature fluids with your meal.
2) Get moving. If such a thing as the fountain of youth existed, it would probably be in the form of physical activity. The benefits of a regular exercise program are endless, from improved cardiovascular health, better strength and balance, improved immunity, and relief from stress.
According to Chinese theory, moving your body also helps to move energy, which can get blocked, causing pain and illness. There is no one best way to exercise, but in order to avoid overdoing it, try to combine some vigorous movement that makes you breathe hard with one or more of the gentler forms of exercise. Yoga, stretching, Tai Qi, Qi Gong, or simply walking are all considered gentle and relaxing ways to move your body.
3) Get your stress control. There are really only two kinds of emotions: the positive kind that enhance your health, and the negative kind that drain your energy and make you susceptible to illness. The Chinese believe that the emotions are the cause of all internal illnesses. They may have something here, especially when we look at the negative impact of stress on our bodies.
Stress causes chemical reactions in your body, where certain hormones are released that can affect everything from your immune system to your digestion. Inflammatory conditions, arthritis, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and even weight gain can be caused by the hormonal changes brought on by stress.
So how to get a handle on stress? We're all aware of the many methods, classes and exercises available to relieve stress. However, when you're overwhelmed with all the things on your “to do” list, one more class or exercise just becomes another stressful thing to do. The good news is that you can benefit from as little as three minutes of some kind of meditation. A couple of simple (and quick) fixes:
-Breathe in by expanding your rib cage and belly to a count of four. Hold to a count of seven and release by flattening your belly towards your spine to a count of eight.
-Visualize yourself in a favorite and relaxing place, which can be real or imagined. Spend a few minutes filling in all the details: what you see in every direction, sounds, smells, etc. By doing this, your brain releases the same “feel good” chemicals as if you were actually in that place.
4) Preserve your Essence. In Chinese medicine, your health and the length of your life is determined by something called Essence, or your essential life force. The strength of your Essence is determined by a combination of genetics, your physical constitution, and lifestyle.
One of the smartest ways to stay healthy is to preserve your Essence by living wisely, and not becoming run down. Some of the ways you deplete your Essence is by overworking, not eating well, skimping on the sleep, and trying to do too many things. Also considered depleting is too much partying, having too many children and having sex too often.
Wise living means getting enough sleep to rejuvenate your body. It means working, but not too hard. Exercising too much, studying and long hours in front of a computer screen are also considered overworking. Eating adequate amounts of the right kinds of food (see above) also protect your Essence.
5) Explore Acupuncture. Acupuncture is an ancient healing system that originated in China thousands of years ago and is still successfully in practice today. It works by addressing the source of your health problem--not just by relieving symptoms. Acupuncture works by balancing energy within your body, which may sound out there and new age. However, every cell in your body produces energy in the form of ATP. The Chinese just operate on the premise that your energy moves in pathways throughout your body. When people become ill or have pain, it's because that energy is blocked in some way or it's depleted. The goal of acupuncture it to restore or maintain health by unblocking or increasing the flow of energy.
The World Health Organization has identified over sixty health conditions that acupuncture can treat, from pain to mental health conditions to digestive problems. In addition, acupuncture is a great way to maintain your good health, too. Give it a try!
- Given the nature of the skin net beautiful children, but the age of adolescence and youth and the indelible mark of this class and the charm of the net and begin the skin epidermis in the composition of grain and stains. And begin to widen the pores of the skin, allowing bacteria and microbes from the skin of the face and the invasion of the formation of fatty patches, and finally ... wrinkles.
We can not stop or prevent this process, but we can limit the spread quickly. , Through the survival of the skin clean, and drinking large quantities of water and protect the skin as much as possible from the sun, which is the main cause for the emergence of the effects of age on the skin (the inability of the skin).
* Skin problems:
Such a situation occurs at the stage of adolescence. Acne bacteria can become, and if one of these pills Bg remain forever and turn into patches of the face.
Drinking a large quantity of water, and work on the survival of skin and hair and hands clean, avoid touching the face grain or patches can be useful in the treatment of acne.
In cases of severe infection should consult a doctor can describe a few doses of antibiotics to reduce the growth of bacteria.
The skin remains moist in the presence of fat in the infrastructure layer of the skin, and water in the middle class. The outer layer of the skin is a dead skin cells and any quantity of refreshments can not restore life to this class.
Although the facial creams with good value, as it protects the skin from the dust and the vagaries of the weather and the sun.
But to protect the skin from the drought, more should be the amount of drinking plenty of water or liquids in general, away from alcohol.
The best treatment for wrinkles is to avoid the harsh diet that exhaust all the fat in the skin, avoid prolonged exposure to the sun (sunbathing) because it makes the external layer of skin is very thick. Finally, smoking, exhaust Aloostron.
- Skin rash / inflammation:
Some types of skin rash or inflammation of the skin friction is the result of the sensitivity of Bmspb (ear earrings, gum paste in the materials). These expire at the end of substantiated cases of sensitivity. There are also cases of inflammation such as eczema and psoriasis.
There may also be sensitive so that the result of exposure to the nerve of some people more susceptible to any stress.
The conventional treatment in these cases is the cream Alasterod despite the fact that many people prefer other types of treatment such as acupuncture.
- Skin cancer:
Spread of the disease by more between the white.
The reasons for the spread of several factors, such as: entry into force of the ozone layer, and the proliferation of fashion russet skin.
Best advice is to avoid exposure to sunlight for long periods and, if necessary, must cover the skin well.
If you want to acquire the russet color of the skin does not do so on a regular basis or for a long time so as not to cause your skin to burn under the sun.
If you are exposed to sunlight for a long time during the sport or walking or in the sea where the sun reflected in the use of large must creams or various materials that reflect the sun rays (SPF 15 +) and ultraviolet A, B, despite the existence of a relationship between the burning of the skin sun and skin cancer, but there is no conclusive evidence that the articles that reflect the sun's rays and protects the skin which can protect from cancer as well.
Another year, another beginning. For those among us who seemed to have just had it and kept smoking on top of their New Year's resolution list of things to banish for years, it's not too late to do so. Better late than never as that saying goes. But before it is too late, and I mean REALLY late, here are a number of ways to do to start kicking that puff addiction.
1.Learn new skills or hobbies. Since your mind is set to smoke in your idle time, for sure there could still be a thousand things out there you could engage yourself in to preoccupy yourself.
2.Create a diversion. Most working professionals specially now of booming call center industries, majority of whom working on graveyard shifts, have formed the habit of smoking as a means to keep awake. Try to find other methods that will work for you like taking a walk during your break or get busy with other co-workers who hopefully don't have formed smoking as a habit to bide by time as well. There may be a high chance however that your peers are not always "smoke-free" which then takes me to tip number 3.
3.If your peer group makes it difficult to quit, learn to say no or to not give in to temptation. The thing about habits is that usually, psychological and social influence steps in. When people you are commonly with do something frequently, the tendency is to join the bandwagon. So if you really are determined to stop what you know by joining your friends would only make it difficult to shun, then avoid being in the presence of people who are in the practice of this habit. This is not always the case though of course so if it can't be helped to be in the company of people who smoke, then be on guard of yourself to partake. It's just like going on a diet, when everyone else is taking platefuls of servings one after another in a dinner buffet, how could you resist grabbing more than what you can eat? You suddenly remember you have to keep track of your calorie intake lest you won't lose those extra pounds.
4.Alter your palate. If your mouth just have gotten used to smoking, try substituting sweets like candies or drinks to satisfy the craving.
5.Seek moral and medical support. Let your friends and family members know that you are on the road to smoke-rehabilitating yourself so they wouldn't smoke around you or lure you of doing it by any other means. Consult your doctor and maybe he/she could advise other ways you could do to abstain or if there are programs he/she could recommend to assist you. Do so also to assess your physical condition and to see if smoking hasn't done any alarming damage (which we all hope not) to your body yet.
6.Set a quit date. It's like getting on a personal journey, you foresee yourself getting from point A to B within a target date. By giving yourself a time frame to carry out your goal, you'll be more determined to actually make it a reality.
7.Be prepared for difficulty and most definitely a relapse. Do not quit on quitting when you have smoked a stick after you have told yourself you wouldn't anymore. When you have violated your rules, learn to forgive and forget and most certainly to start anew.
- A woman trying to make a big effort to take care of hair and weight and the same,
- These are some questions that could be Tsolleha to yourself a lot, Here is the answer:
Q: What do I do if my hair light?
A: It is well known that hair can not be discharged light and the work of a particular form, the use of fluids Restoratives hair a lot more of weakness and make it more difficult for demobilization. Therefore, if the hair of this type the use of liquid enrichment Tjunbi hair only if it is very necessary and not more than once a month.
Q: What can I do to lose weight, although I tried with all kinds of food without the benefit?
A: The purpose of the process of Dieting to lose weight is to maintain health, not just fast or punishment for yourself .. It is important in this process is the adoption of the resolution so it Tsamimk .. Here are some tips for that ..
- Try to Tqomi any meaningful daily activity, which activates the process of metabolism and burning body fat.
- Try to wear sports clothes as soon as Astiqazk directly from sleep and exercise the morning because it activates blood circulation and increase the process of metabolism.
- Eat breakfast before the morning juice and this juice to lose weight is to clean up the side of your body of toxins.
- Must be the diet and meal package of vegetables, fruits, grains and proteins, not limited to a certain type of food.
- Try to Tcherbi a lot of water because it helps the body get rid of the toxins and if you do not like drinking water to water frequently add some lemon juice.
Q: What can I do to lighten natural hair color?
C: possible to open their Tqomi hair color mixing Alcamomcil with lemon juice and Ozeih on your hair, especially at the top of the head, and Acili in the sun for 30 minutes and then after that Use Shampoo hair and fluids to restore moisture to it.
Q: What about garlic pills Is it safe?
C: garlic tablets are used for natural Kmadrat Paul. But we must learn that women under the age of 18 years of age should not be used and must not be used for a long time because they will lose their effect (if used for a long time) and the rate allowed by the CD and the one before eating.
Q: What can I do to make my eyes seem small big?
A: Do you learn to make clothing such as a sense that as the makeup was dark as the small size of the eyes and to make your eyes wide Tstamli must be light on the front under the lids, if you want to identify Tstamli eye Tstamli not identify the dark as well as the use of combing eyelashes further expand the area of Al Ain all of them.
Q: How do I look natural and not burdensome?
C: in the belief that the use of soft drinks on the face of medical material, such as Gluten make a beautiful impression to that effect with the use of mascara and lip color all this leads to a healthy beautiful landscape for you.
Q: How do I use the eye to determine accurately because it does not look good when used in?
C: identification of your use of the eye you want people to consider you and not the Macaiajk.
Learn the Registry and to determine the eye is the best means to Taataji with them, especially if it has the top sponge.
We must Tbdii in determining the upper lids first, inner side of the eye and lids Tjali so tight that you can deliver the line in determining the eye lashes and Tsraei of the work that is destined to the outside and then Do the same with the lower lids.
Then Use a sponge and lightly Amshei even get out to influence fashion, and fine landscape Tjali to my part of the powder over the lines.
A man rushed into a veterinarian's office carrying his limp, lifeless dog. The vet examined the animal and told the man the dog was dead. The man asked if there was any way the doctor could revive the dog. The doctor left the room and returned with a cat, who sniffed the dog from head to tail then looked up at the vet and meowed.
"Sorry," said the doctor. "There's nothing I can do."
"Thanks for trying," said the man with a sigh. "How much do I owe you?"
"Three hundred and fifty dollars," replied the doctor.
"Three hundred and fifty dollars! Just to tell me my dog is dead?"
"Well," said the doctor, "it was $50 for the office visit. The other $300 is for the CAT scan."
Whether the above joke made you laugh or groan, it lightened your mood. And if you had been in pain, many scientists agree, it would have eased the hurtâ€”at least temporarily.
A fresh take on an old idea
The notion that laughter is good for the body has been around for thousands of yearsâ€”certainly as far back as the Old Testament. Proverbs 17:22 says, "A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones."
Seventeenth century English physician Dr. Thomas Sydenham remarked, "The arrival of a good clown exercises more beneficial influence upon the health of a town than of twenty asses laden with drugs." Or as Groucho Marx put it, "A clown is like aspirin, only he works twice as fast."
How do you get a sweet 80-year-old lady to say the F word? Get another sweet little 80-year-old lady to yell *BINGO*!
The value of laughter in helping to relieve pain began to attract significant attention in the 1980s when Dr. Norman Cousins in his book Anatomy of an Illness described how watching Marx Brother movies and reading humorous books and articles helped him recover from a life-threatening tissue disease.
Cousins made it a point to enjoy a hearty belly laugh several times a day. He claimed that a few minutes of laughter gave him an hour or more of pain-free sleep. As a result, many pain centers around the country began to use humor therapy to reduce the level of pain medication needed by patients.
There was even a movie made about real-life doctor Patch Adams, a physician who was totally committed to making his patients laugh as an essential part of his treatment.
How does laughter reduce pain?
Clinical staff consistently note that the primary benefit of humor therapy is that it serves as a diversionary tacticâ€”that is, it takes a patient's mind off the pain.
A study published in the Journal of Holistic Nursing reported that patients who were told one-liners after surgery and before painful medication was administered perceived less pain when compared to patients who didn't get a dose of humor as part of their therapy.
Why don't bunnies make noise when they have sex? Because they have cotton balls.
Another study, this one published in the Journal of Applied Behavioral Analysis, found that young girls with burns who were shown cartoons during very painful hydrotherapy said they felt less pain than similar patients who were not exposed to cartoons during the same procedure.
A second theory of how laughter helps relieve pain is that it triggers the release of endorphins, the chemicals in the brain that can make us feel good.
Around the same time that the Cousins book appeared, the departing editor of the New England Journal of Medicine, Dr. Franz Ingelfinger, noted that 85 percent of all human illnesses are curable by the body's own healing system. Building a positive focus in your lifeâ€”which includes a regular dose of laughterâ€”can play a key role in supporting the body's ability to do just that.
Laughing, in fact, has been shown to increase the body's natural killer cells and T-cells, which are types of cells that attack foreign material in our bodies. Laughter also keeps away negative emotions such as anxiety and depression, which tend to weaken the immune system.
Why are they called "hemorrhoids". They should be called "asteroids"?
Research on stress-related hormones and humor has shown that laughter reduces at least four of the hormones associated with the stress response, including epinephrine, cortisol, dopac, and growth hormone.
Some studies have indicated that laughter improves lung capacity and with improved lung capacity come improved oxygen levels in the blood, thereby alleviating ischemic pain or pain do to lack of oxygen-rich blood.
According to Dr. William Fry from Stanford University, one minute of laughter is equal to 10 minutes on the rowing machine. Laughter is a kind of "internal jogging" that exercises our heart and reduces blood pressure in the same way as does standard aerobic exercise. This kind of laughter exercise is well suited to sedentary people and those who are confined to a bed or wheelchair.
What did One saggy boob say to the other saggy boob? If we drop any lower people are gonna think we are nuts!
If you keep the Huh Huh Huh - going for long periods of time and increase the number of times you do it while at the same time shrugging your upper body you will keep the oxygen flowing to the cells that need it and you will be giving what you body need to begin to reduce your pain and speed healing.
And here's a final fascinating fact: Researchers at St. Paul Ramsey Medical Center in Minnesota say that tears of laughter remove toxic substances that normally build up during periods of emotional stressâ€¦So, whether you prefer Dirty jokes, Redneck jokes or Funny Photos the Internet has provide us with an unlimited number of resources not to mention the ton of emails that you get from your friends that they think are funny and they just have to send to you for some reason thinking that you have the time to read it and that you have nothing else to do. Maybe just read on a week and see how you feel.
If you do read a joke or see a funny photo and it does put a smile on your face learn to keep that smile going longer and feel how good you feel when you keep your head up and a smile on your face.
Life will always be full of challenges but we should always be driven to seek those thing that give us Joy and Piece, so if a joke can give you 30 seconds of joy, read a joke and keep smiling.
- How to ensure that every man or every woman to ensure the quality of life and the absence of disease or reduce the risk of infection, and is using some of the following tips which are easy to follow:
1 - If you stop smoking immediately. This is the most important thing you can do to protect yourself from cancer.
2 - dealing with a large quantity of fruits, vegetables and grain products and low fat. Must contain your food 25 grams of fiber a day at least. Not more than fat, so do not represent more than 20% of the total calories per day.
3 - do physical exercise regularly for at least 30 minutes five days a week. Keep weight in the absence of alcohol. Incorporated physical activity in daily Rutink.
4 - for women / girls: breast cancer must be tested monthly, and the work of a picture of the breast at the beginning of the forty-X and replicate this type of radiation each year after that.
5 - For women more than 18 years: You should do a thorough examination of diseases of women, which include the testing of the basin and the test patches in each breast.
6 - for men: work must be done to test for personal testes per month.
7 - for women and men over the age of forty: action must be taken straight to a digital examination of each year. After the age of fifty years: an annual work test to examine blood in the stool.
8 - for men over the age of fifty: the work must be done to test the blood of an annual anti-prostate cancer. And also to test the annual straight it helps to ensure the absence of prostate cancer.
9 - Avoid excessive exposure to sunlight and to cover the skin in the case of exposure to the sun for a long time.
10 - periodic inspection done on the skin.
There are many stories about hypnotherapy being dangerous, turning people into chickens, people not being able to wake up, and unscrupulous hypnotists exploiting their â€˜vulnerableâ€™ patients. However there are many people who are adamant that it has helped change their lives, helping them succeed in their goals. Millions of people swear that it has helped them with many issues such as weight loss, quitting smoking, other addictions, confidence, phobias, stress, success, IBS, and many more issues.
these fears by answering these common questions about hypnotherapy.
Can I be hypnotized?
Most people can go into a hypnotic trance. The only types of people that cannot be hypnotised are â€¦
1. Those suffering from psychosis or a thought disorder
2. A person with a low IQ
3. A person does not want to be hypnotised. It is very easy to r
Many people are missing out on this powerful yet safe therapeutic tool because they are too afraid to use it. I hope to dispel esist hypnosis if you want to.
What is a hypnotic trance?
It is a normal and natural state that most of us experience several times a day. It commonly happens when people are driving. Have you ever driven somewhere and not really remembered the journey? It also often occurs when reading a book or watching TV. Sometimes you can be so absorbed in the book or TV programme that you are not consciously aware that someone is talking to you. Hypnosis is the focussing of the conscious attention in such a narrow corridor of influence. The conscious mind is so intensely focussed that other influences are not being critically analysed by the conscious mind. We still hear them, although we are not always aware. A good example of this is when you are in a place where there are several conversations going on at once. They may all sound like a mass of background noise. However if someone in one of those conversations mentions your name, you then consciously focus on that conversation. How did you know someone said your name? Your subconscious mind (which is far more powerful than your conscious mind) was listening to EVERY conversation AT THE SAME TIME! That is perhaps a reason why you can sometimes â€œjust knowâ€� something. Your subconscious mind has absorbed it without you consciously being aware.
What does hypnosis feel like?
When in a trance you feel more mentally and physically relaxed. It is a very pleasant experience, and you can tell that you are still in control. You can still hear exactly what is going on around you, unless you choose to drift your attention away. You become aware that you can easily stand up, talk, or move whenever you want. A lot of people (me included) when they first experience a hypnotic trance move their fingers or hands in order to test whether they can move at will. Sometimes a patient can be a little difficult to wake up. This is not a sinister thing as it has been portrayed. No one has ever been stuck in trance. It is more a case that a patient just â€œcanâ€™t be botheredâ€� to wake up as it feels so pleasant. However they soon become bored and will wake up pretty soon. One trick the old hypnosis proâ€™s use is to tell the patient that they are charging for the time. Itâ€™s amazing how quickly they then wake up!
Is hypnosis dangerous?
A hypnotic trance is actually a very natural state that almost everyone goes into several times per day. In 1955 the British Medical Association set up an inquiry which favourably reported hypnosis as a therapeutic tool. It even recommended that it should be taught at medical schools. Hypnosis was also approved by the Council of Mental Health of the American Medical Association in September of 1958 as a safe practice with no harmful side effects. Since then there has been acceleration in the establishment of hypnosis societies for doctors, dentists, and psychologists. No one has been seriously hurt with hypnosis.
Can I be made to do things against my will?
You could never be made to do anything against your will or contrary to your value system. If this was actually possible, would there not be criminals learning the art of hypnotherapy in order to hypnotise their bank managers to opening the vaults and handing over a large sum of cash?! In a trance, you would not unknowingly reveal your deepest secrets. You can even lie when in a trance, which is one reason why testimony in hypnosis is not permissible evidence in a court of law. It is only used by police to help with the investigation. A person will only act upon suggestions that serve them in some way or reinforce an expected behaviour, anything else their subconscious will just ignore. Most people develop these misperceptions from seeing or hearing about a Stage Hypnosis show. However they largely achieve their results from showmanship, selection of the more extrovert people, and peer pressure.
How long will it take before I notice a change?
In one session, you can expect to become more relaxed than you are right now. Most people do not relax enough, and some people never seem to relax! Being more relaxed can help most mental and physical problems that you may have. I have often had patients report back to me that people noticed that they seemed more relaxed after just one session. In the past I have significantly helped problems such as IBS, skin complaints, and addictions, simply by doing relaxation work.
Hypnosis can bridge the gap between your head and your heart, making your goals much more emotionally compelling, and therefore increasing your chances of permanent change. Depending upon the intensity of your session and the number of times you have listened to the recording, you will notice suggestions for the desired behavioural changes spontaneously popping into your conscious mind almost immediately.